A young man named Kevin went for a job interview at a very prestigious company.
The manager looked at his resume carefully and said:
Manager: “So Kevin, I see here that you graduated with honors. Impressive. What is your biggest weakness?”
Kevin thought for a moment and replied confidently,
Kevin: “Honesty.”
The manager raised an eyebrow and said,
Manager: “I don’t think honesty is a weakness.”
Kevin smiled politely and said,
Kevin: “I don’t care what you think.”
The manager paused, took a deep breath, and decided to continue the interview anyway.
Manager: “Alright… Where do you see yourself in five years?”
Kevin replied,
Kevin: “Honestly? I see myself sitting on your chair, asking someone else these useless questions.”
The manager laughed nervously and moved on.
Manager: “Okay, tell me how you handle stress.”
Kevin said,
Kevin: “I scream internally, smile externally, and cry in the bathroom during lunch breaks.”
The manager nodded slowly.
Manager: “Interesting coping strategy. Now, why should we hire you?”
Kevin leaned forward and said seriously,
Kevin: “Because if you don’t, I’ll still be outside every morning telling everyone this company rejected me… and trust me, I talk a lot.”
The manager sighed, rubbed his temples, and said,
Manager: “Last question. Do you work well under pressure?”
Kevin replied instantly,
Kevin: “Absolutely. I do my best work five minutes before the deadline.”
The manager stood up, shook Kevin’s hand, and said,
Manager: “Congratulations. You’re hired.”
Kevin looked shocked.
Kevin: “Wait… really?”
The manager smiled and said,
Manager: “Yes. Anyone this honest is either a genius… or too dangerous to be unemployed.”
😄😄
